Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quilt-A-Long ....

The last couple of days have been filled with a LOT of mishaps with my quilt. Yes I am admitting to it! Scott made me promise haha. I have 3 new best friends this week too, my seam ripper, pins and my iron. haha for Example: I let myself sew after Sloan went to bed on Friday night and over an hour and a half of the three hours I worked on my quilt I spent unpicking mistake after mistake. I was about ready to pull out my hair. First I attacked a row backwards, unpicked it, flipped it over, stitched it again, pressed it, realized it was upside down this time... then I had my light bulb moment! Instead of sewing onto the bottom (the correct way) I was sewing on to the top. I had mixed up my labels after showing off at my grandma's house...

Anyway! Here is my progress! I have 8 rows pieced together and 6 of those rows sewn together!! It is coming together wonderfully even though my weekend was full of headaches! I just realized that I have more than half of my quilt front done already!!!
I will be posting about how to sew the rows together soon but I wanted to make sure I had all of my kinks flushed out from the weekend!

Also my grandma gave a GREAT new tip to piecing together each row! It may take more time but it makes life SO much easier! You need to press each seam open after each seam not just when you are done with the whole row like I was doing!!!

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment