Monday, January 9, 2012

My Semi Annual Blog Post!

So yet again I have forgotten to update my blog! I am very sorry. There will most likely be LOTS of pictures again. It has been a fantastic 6 months! Sloan is now 15 months old! Where did the time go!

So here we go!! Lets rewind back to June from when I last posted!
Scott and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on June 20! It was a great day! Sloan had his first sleep over with my parents and Scott and I got away to Lava Hot Springs. We stayed at the Lion's Gate Manor again and stayed in the same room we had on our honeymoon!

Fast forward to the Fourth of July! It was Sloan's first and he absolutely loved the fireworks! My uncle Ryan and his family came up from Denver and bought fireworks in Wyoming on the way! Besides almost blowing up a few of the guys and almost setting the park on fire, it was extremely fun! It was crazy hot, over 100 degrees.... In Mackay, ID ... with a hot wind! And our little cabin has no air condition, poor Sloan was roasting! Sadly I can't find any pictures and I can't remember if we took any...

Next on the List: Sloan's first hair cut!

 This is Jen! She has been one of my mom's best friends since kindergarten! She would kill me for this picture but she is computer illiterate so it doesn't matter hahaha!






Afterward we let him play with the mirrors!

In August we went with our friends Brett and Mickenzie Bringhurst boating for Brett's Birthday! It was great and Sloan was way funny in his life jacket!







Later in August we went for another hike up in Mackay! This one is called Bear Creek Lake! It was SO hard! But you get a beautiful lake at the top! Scott and Sloan swan but I didn't want to hike back in wet clothes so I just put my feet in! I can't believe we made it up and back and carrying an extra 30 lbs ( I started the hike carrying Sloan but it got STEEP fast so Scott took him and was a trooper!)








Later in August my cousin Ericka came home with her boyfriend and their son Taysen! It was the first time we got to meet him and he is super cute! We took some fun pictures of our little families while they were here. Here are a few pictures of the boys. Taysen was about 5 months I think and Sloan was 10 almost 11 months.







In September we took Sloan and his favorite Sock Monkey to the hospital's annual Teddy Bear Clinic! He had a blast and we got to watch the Life Flight Helicopter take off which he thought was really cool! This is Dr. Sock Monkey. He was a patient but Sloan didn't like that much so we made him a doctor. oh and yes that is a cast on his tail and yes Sloan kept it on for almost 2 weeks!



Sloan turned 1 on October 2! We had a fun little get together with our families. My brother Kyle was actually home too which was a fantastic surprise!  Here are my favorite pictures of his special day!



Oh Halloween! Sloan was Yoda! He loved his costume and put it on by himself many times! I recently made his fabric lightsabers to go with his costume and he LOVES them! We also watched all of the Star Wars movies and he sat and watched them all it was SO funny!








Sloan decided one night that he wasn't done with his bath. So after we got him out, dried him off, put lotion on him and got him dressed we noticed it was oddly quite... this is what I found (Scott had forgotten to drain the tub.. oops!)



We spent Thanksgiving with both of our families again and it was wonderful! We didn't take any pictures though!

My Mary Kay National Area had a Christmas Party this year! It was a blast! We drove down to Heber City, UT and rode the Polar Express! They give you hot chocolate and cookies and while singing and doing Christmas Trivia and then Santa comes on board and gives each kid a silver bell! We stopped by the Salt Lake Temple on the way home and looked at the lights! Sloan would look around and say "Oh wow!". We had gotten rid of his binky at the beginning of the week and he was so good that we didn't even have to  break one out all day!









 And last but no least CHRISTMAS!!! We has a fantastic holiday this year! We started a week early with Scott's family as they went to Saint George to spend the holiday with Cindy's parents, then we spent Christmas Eve with the Morgans and then we got to spend all of Christmas Day with my family! (I'm not sure how happy this made Scott seeing as we are crazy and better in small doses but he was a trooper!) My brother got to come home again and it was SO fun to have him home and watch him play with Sloan!
 The one and almost only day we had snow! I am so glad we got to put that snow suit I bought him to use at least for 1 day. He loved it!
 He was watching his breathe!
 Santa came!!!
 He actually opened a few of his presents without help this year! He LOVES those bear slippers too!
 One of the BEST presents ever!
 He freaking loves this couch! It folds out into a little mini bed! I don't know who likes it more him or me! It is super comfy!
 That little spinning thing in the corner is a remote control car that Kyle bought for him in NYC... It says for 5 and up on the box... they obviously don't know my son... without having us show him to it works he did this... I love him!

 I made this basket FULL of handmade goodies for Tom's present! He loved it!
This is how we ended the night after a BUSY day! We were all spoiled! Thank you to everyone again!

Oh and I guess I should mention New Years! Scott worked so Sloan and I watched movies and then when he went to bed I baked and did special spa treatments while watching Star Wars! I thought it was great!  I am really going to try and be better about updating this.... We shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment